JAKS RESOURCES BERHAD, its subsidiaries, associates, jointly controlled entities and affiliates (including
but not limited to JAKS Group of Companies and JAKS Group of Companies' associates, jointly controlled
entities, affiliates and those mentioned in First Schedule hereto) ("Group"), respects the privacy of individuals
with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data
Protection Act 2010 ("Act"). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, "Personal Data" shall have the meaning
as ascribed to it in the Act and "we" shall refer to any of the companies within the Group and "you" shall refer
to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the Personal
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In the course of your dealings with us, Personal Data about you which we or the Group may collect via
print and digital channels (including but not limited to Website, Social Media and Mobile Apps) shall
- information collected upon registration when you fill in or update your information with us, which may
include personal data such as, name and contact details;
- the contents of all printed and electronic forms or documents submitted to us via printed collateral or
forms, the Group's Website and any digital and mobile platforms (eg. Email, Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, Whatsapp, Viber and any social media and apps), including identity documents and proof
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools and calculators;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the Group's Website, digital and mobile platforms;
- information submitted if you participate in survey whether via online or otherwise;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via the Group's Website or in whatever manner, which
may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- information obtained independently by the Group from other lawful sources; and
- the contents of all forms and/or documents submitted and/or collected by the Group.
OBJECTIVE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
- Personal Data provided to the Group whether via online or otherwise, you hereby agree that the Group
shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:-
- providing you with services or benefits under any of the Group's businesses or policies; and/or
- processing your application under any of the Group's programmes; and/or
- where relevant, marketing of services and sending any updates, new development, special offers,
advertising, promotional material and/or commercial material to you (including emails, short message
services or other means) and/or to be used in, to provide and/or improve the services of the Group,
processing invoices and payments (including card payments) and providing other services to enhance
and support the relationship of the Group and you and/or such other persons or companies
represented by you; and/or
- conducting research on planning, products, goods, services, security and testing; and/or
- carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law; and/or
- performing statistical analysis for various objectives in the Group and providing this information within
the Group; and/or
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development, record-keeping or enhancement
of the Group's business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or assist in any
of the Group's businesses or the Group's Website; and/or
- purposes connected with the administration, management and/or enforcement of the commercial
transaction and for contact and communication with you and/or such other persons or companies as
represented by you; and/or
- where required by law, where the Group consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond
to any claims or legal process, or where the Group suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is
being or may be engaged in; and/or
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an
interest in any company within the Group; and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required
by the Group; and/or
- enabling the Group or where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or
obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not
having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities,
agencies or departments or a third party requires in order to ensure compliance with agreement(s) or
- where a third party requires in order for purposes of preparation and submission of any claims or
payments to any party or for any audit/checks by any party for whatever purpose related to the
Group's business; and/or
- purposes connected with the enforcement of the Group's rights pursuant to any letter, agreement
and/or document including seeking legal and financial advice, taking any preliminary steps or
commencing any legal action; and/or
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and/or
- customer loyalty programmes.
- We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (2) above via telephone calls, emails, short
message services, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
- You further agree that the Group may disclose and transfer (whether in Nationwide in Malaysia or abroad)
amongst any company within the Group and/or to third parties including but not limited to the Group's
agents, consultants, solicitors, auditors, employers, contractors, suppliers, partners, joint venture partners,
advertisers, purchasers, network operators, service providers, associated companies, any relevant
authorities, embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, organisations or any relevant financial
institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to the Group or any company within the
Group, any of the companies within the Group, (including those established or incorporated from time to
time), actual or proposed assignees or transferees or buyers of any of rights/businesses/assets of the
companies within the Group, service providers (including those who assist us in
providing/developing/maintaining the Group's Website and digital platforms), for the Group's operational,
administration and development requirements and to organizations who provide archival, auditing,
professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery,
recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility, loyalty programme and security services to use,
disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of (2) above for and on
behalf of Group.
- The Group uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part
of the Group's process of constantly improving the Group's Website, our business and/or the Group's
IMPACT OF INSUFFICIENT & INCOMPLETE PARTICULARS OF PERSONAL DATA
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to the
Group then your application or request to the Group for any of the above purposes as set out in (2) above
may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Group's Website
may be denied or the Group will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or
perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in the Group's offices or stored in servers located
in or outside Malaysia and operated by the Group or its service providers in or outside Malaysia.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by the Group as long as necessary for the fulfillment
of the purposes stated in (2) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting
requirements or to protect the Group's interests.
- The Group does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by the Group.
HANDLING EMAIL AND "CONTACT US" MESSAGES
- The Group may preserve the content of any email or "Contact us" or other electronic message that the
- Any personal data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this
- The message content may be monitored by the Group's service providers or employees for purposes
including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
COMMUNICATION OR UTILIZATION DATA
- Through your use of telecommunications services to access the Group's Website, your communications
data (e.g. Internet protocol address & respective Groups WIFI facility) or utilization data (e.g. information
on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services
you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
- To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your
communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the Act.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED NON-PERSONAL DATA
- When you access the Group's Website, the Group may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect nonpersonal
data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website
from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
- The Group may use this data and share it with the rest of the Group to monitor the attractiveness of the
Group's Website and to improve their performance or content.
- When you view the Group's Website, the Group may store some data on your computer in the form of a
"cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer the next time you visit.
- Cookies can help the Group in many ways, for example, by allowing the Group to tailor a website to better
match your interests or to store your password to save you from having to re-enter it each time.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from
your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Personal Data held by the Group will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant
to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in
whatever manner (including those sent or posted in the Group's Website) will be deemed voluntarily
provided to the Group on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- The Group reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post
elsewhere such information freely as set out in (3) above.
PERSONAL DATA SAFETY
- The Group uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
- For the Internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely
secure. So while the Group strives to protect such Personal Data, the Group cannot ensure or warrant
the security of any Personal Data transmitted to the Group and you do so at your own risk. Once any
Personal Data comes into the Group's possession, the Group will take reasonable steps to protect that
information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Group's Website. For
your own protection, the Group's requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password
regularly (if required).
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
- Due to the global nature of the Group's business, the Group may transfer your Personal Data to the
other members of the Group (which may be located in other countries) or to any parties located in other
countries (including countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country
where you are based). Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (2)
above and disclosed to parties stated in (3) above.
- The Group's Website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for
example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave the Group's Website and the Group does
not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after
you have left the Group's Website.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by the Group on payment of a
prescribed fee and you may request that the Group correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate,
incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your
Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the
Group for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (2) above or for the
transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (3) above, you may send your request in writing to
the following address:
JAKS RESOURCES BERHAD
Lot 541, Jalan Subang 2
Sungai Penaga Industrial Park, USJ 1
47620 Subang Jaya
Human Resources & Administration Department
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel No : 03-8011 5019
Fax No: 03-8011 5079
- Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, the Group may still proceed to process
your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the
- The Group reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access
PERSONAL DATA GIVEN BY YOU
- You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons or companies represented by
you for you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in (2) above and
disclosed to parties stated in (3) above.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
- The Group reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. The
Group advises that you check this Privacy Notice on our Group's website on a regular basis.
NAMES OF THE COMPANIES
- JAKS RESOURCES BERHAD (Head Office)
- JAKS SDN. BHD.
- JAKS MARKETING SDN. BHD.
- JAKS ISLAND CIRCLE SDN. BHD.
- JAKS POWER SDN. BHD.
- JAKS HAI DUONG POWER CO LTD.
- MNH GLOBAL ASSETS MANAGEMENT SDN. BHD.
- JAKS STEEL INDUSTRIES SDN. BHD.